Your company can be eligible for EIS and SEIS if it has a subsidiary, or is part of a group with multiple subsidiaries, provided that:
- It owns at least 50% of the share capital in the subsidiary;
- The subsidiary is not controlled by another company;
- The subsidiary carries out a qualifying trade;
- There are no subsidiaries in the group that do not carry out a qualifying trade; and
- The subsidiary is at least 90% owned by your company if it will be spending the EIS/ SEIS funds.
Your company will not be eligible if it has a parent company controlling it.